Liesel has over 16 years of teaching experience and started dancing in South Africa at 6 years old and has trained in ZUMBA® fitness, Gymnastics, Sport Aerobics, Modern, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip-hop, Street & Cheer Dance, Aerobics, Step and Body Conditioning.
She established Liesel's Danceworks Studio in 1997 in her hometown of Port Elizabeth with only 17 pupils and 8 years later had to bid a sad farewell to hundreds of members when moving to the UK.
She has competed nationally and internationally, in both solo and group categories in Dance, Gymnastics and Sport Aerobics and represented South African at the 10th World Gymnaestrada in Berlin, Germany 1995 and was a finalist in the Planet Dance 2000 World Championship in Singapore.
Since settling in Bristol in 2005, she has been actively involved in the dance and fitness industry, qualifying as a ZUMBA® fitness Instructor, competing in annual Cheerleading and Hip-hop Championships (British Dance & Cheer/ UDO World Street Dance) and teaching classes at local gyms and community centres in ZUMBA® fitness, Dance, Cheer, Step, Body-Conditioning and Aerobics.
- ZUMBA® fitness ZUMBA® Basic 1 Instructor - Latin inspired dance aerobic fitness program, with over 10 million followers worldwide
- DANCECOR - Internationally recognized Dance Association - South African based syllabus Associate Performance and Teachers National Certification in Modern & Hip-hop
- HFPA Health and Fitness Professionals Association National Certificate in Exercise Science (1 year) - Aerobics, Step and Body-conditioning
- WAAFF & FISAF World Amateur Aerobic Fitness Federation & Federation of International Sport and Fitness Sport Aerobics and Hip-hop
- BCA (British Cheerleading Association) Cheer and Dance
- NCSSE (National Council for Spirit Safety & Education) - Coaching Cheer Fundamentals Level 1 + 2
- British Association of Teachers of Dancing Currently training in Ballroom and Latin American
- CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) approved